Valued Cascade Furniture Customers,
I wanted to take a few moments and update you as to how the pandemic has affected shipping times for furniture and mattresses. There are 4 main issues going on:
- In March, many businesses like ours were asked to close by the Governor to help stop the spread of COVID-19. It was important to us to keep our staff and customers safe. What most people may not have been aware of was that our vendors and suppliers from around the world were also required to close. This halted all production of furniture, mattresses, and more. As businesses have reopened, our vendors have had to reconfigure their production lines to comply with required social distancing rules. The result has been the slower production of the beautiful furniture we sell.
- The demand for new furniture has skyrocketed. As everyone has stayed home, they realized it was time for a new sofa or bedroom set.
- Overseas shipping companies parked many of their container ships in March when everything shutdown and have not returned them all to service. This has limited the availability of containers to load and ship product.
- Mattress companies use the same material as the N95 mask to wrap their coils. Since supplies of this material is being diverted to produce masks, it is taking longer for mattresses to be produced.
This has set up the perfect storm regarding ordering products. What normally would take 1-2 weeks is now taking 3-4 months, if not longer.
Why do I bring this to your attention? Cascade Furniture tries to offer the best customer service out there, and we want you to know up front that we are doing everything we can to get product as fast as possible.
We are not alone in this. All furniture stores are suffering the same dilemma, along with mattress stores, clothing stores, electronic stores, auto dealers, etc.
- Ashley Furniture COVID-19 Letter to Consumers
- Emerald Home COVID-19 Letter
- Stanton Sofa COVID-19 Letter
Here are our suggestions:
- Plan ahead. Start considering your needs for the holidays and beyond.
- Place your orders now so we can reserve your place in the production line with our vendors. Waiting will only extend the delay.
- Have patience and understanding. We are doing what we can to get product delivered as quickly as possible.
- Please remember, shipping times are an estimate and often change.
- Once you order, reach out to your sales associate for updates. While we cannot always speed up the process, we can provide updates.
- We understand you may be tempted to cancel your order due to the length of time it is taking to receive but, please, remember that cancelling will only increase your waiting time if you change your mind in the future.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging time. We are all in this together.
Owner - Cascade Furniture